Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients12 m servings 687 cals
Original recipe yields 5 servings (5 chimichangas)
- Mix confectioners' sugar and cinnamon together on a large, flat plate.
- Place tortillas on a flat work surface. Place 1/4 cup chocolate chips on the edge closest to you. Fold in opposing edges and roll tortilla up tightly like a burrito.
- Heat oil in a deep saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Fry rolled tortillas in hot oil in batches, partially covered, using tongs to rotate them until they are golden brown on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes. Roll in sugar mixture until coated on all sides.
- Cook's Note:
- Be careful if the oil starts to pop; turn down the heat. if the sides are tucked in, the chocolate shouldn't leak out. If it leaks it could cause more popping, and burnt chocolate.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 687 calories; 36.9 g fat; 84.1 g carbohydrates; 10.4 g protein; 23 mg cholesterol; 559 mg sodium. Full nutrition