Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 12 m servings 275
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 dozen)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line two muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Mix in milk. Add flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda; beat until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins, filling each liner about half-full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, about 25 minutes.
- Cut tops off the cooled cupcakes. Remove a small amount of the center of each cupcake. Fill the centers with a small dab of black cherry jam. Put the tops back on, covering the jam.
- Combine heavy cream, sucralose sweetener, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Whip until soft peaks form. Place in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Place whipped cream in a piping bag fitted with a round or star tip. Frost each cupcake with a swirl of whipped cream. Top each one with a maraschino cherry and grated chocolate.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use sugar in place of Splenda®, if desired. I find that the whipped cream holds up longer in the fridge when I use sucralose.
- If you don't have a piping bag, you can cut the corner off a resealable plastic bag and slip the piping tip into the corner.
Per Serving: 275 calories; 17.3 29 2.9 80 132 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1