Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 299
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 crostata)
- Combine 1 1/2 cup flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Cut in butter using 2 knives or a pastry cutter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix water and vanilla extract together in a small bowl. Stir into flour mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough comes together. Gently roll into a ball and flatten slightly. Wrap with plastic wrap and chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Toss apples with 1/2 cup sugar and 3 tablespoons flour in a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll dough out to a 12-inch circle on a floured work surface. Transfer to the baking sheet. Arrange apple slices in the center of the circle, leaving a 2-inch border all around. Fold up border over apples, pinching together slightly.
- Combine 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake crostata in the preheated oven until crust is golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Do not substitute margarine for the butter.
- You can add cinnamon to the apple mixture if desired.
Per Serving: 299 calories; 11.9 46.6 3 31 102 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This is a wonderful recipe. I did everything the same except I added lemon juice after I tossed the apples with the sugar.
It turned out great. It tasted good too. Use 2 or 3 apples instead of 5