Spicy Lime Avocado Soup
Ingredients52 m servings 495 cals
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add chicken; boil until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 7 minutes. Drain.
- Run cool water over chicken to speed cooling process. Shred or finely slice chicken.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add 1/2 onion, lime juice, 1/2 cup cilantro, jalapeno peppers, and garlic until onion is slightly greenish in color, about 5 minutes.
- Combine 4 cups water and bouillon powder in a small bowl. Pour into the pot. Let cook until just heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir chicken into the pot.
- Ladle soup into 4 bowls. Top with remaining 1/2 onion, 1/2 cup cilantro, avocado, and queso fresco.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute Monterey Jack or mozzarella cheese for the queso fresco if preferred.
Per Serving: 495 calories; 37.4 g fat; 29.1 g carbohydrates; 18.7 g protein; 34 mg cholesterol; 539 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
This is amazing. I'm not a big soup lover, but I will definitely be making this again. The flavors work so well together!
Perfect! Next time I may top with a few tortilla chips for texture.
Best soup I have ever made! I stuck to the recipe. Good with or without the queso.
I love this soup so much, I just doubled the recipe for company. Unfortunately, plans have been postponed. Does anyone know if this will freeze?
Great recipe! Made it exactly as specified. My husband & I both enjoyed it.
I was very happy with this recipe. I made a few small changes, but mostly stuck to the directions here. Nice light and citrusy summer soup.