Spicy Lime Avocado Soup
Ingredients52 m servings 495
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add chicken; boil until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 7 minutes. Drain.
- Run cool water over chicken to speed cooling process. Shred or finely slice chicken.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add 1/2 onion, lime juice, 1/2 cup cilantro, jalapeno peppers, and garlic until onion is slightly greenish in color, about 5 minutes.
- Combine 4 cups water and bouillon powder in a small bowl. Pour into the pot. Let cook until just heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir chicken into the pot.
- Ladle soup into 4 bowls. Top with remaining 1/2 onion, 1/2 cup cilantro, avocado, and queso fresco.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute Monterey Jack or mozzarella cheese for the queso fresco if preferred.
Per Serving: 495 calories; 37.4 29.1 18.7 34 539 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
This is amazing. I'm not a big soup lover, but I will definitely be making this again. The flavors work so well together!
very delicious ~ I used my own chicken stock vs boullion . I used precooked chicken so it was super fast and great. Thank you for posting this :)
Simple but full of flavor! Right before eating I added some crushed tortilla chips to each bowl. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
The preparation of this soup took all day because I didn't have the correct cheese. I decided to make it since I had the time and it was relatively easy. The soup turned out delicious but n...
Great tasting soup as written! Was worried that it may be too hot for mom, but she loved it as well! A spicy-citrusy sensation! Thanks for the submission!