Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 18 m servings 403 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 round baking dish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat sugar and water together in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves into a light brown caramel, 8 to 10 minutes. Pour into a round glass baking dish.
- Place condensed milk, evaporated milk, eggs, cream cheese, and vanilla extract in a blender; blend into a smooth custard. Pour over caramelized sugar in the baking dish.
- Place baking dish in a deep baking pan. Pour in enough water to reach halfway up the baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until custard is set and top is light brown, about 1 hour.
- Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate until cold, 3 to 4 hours.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 403 calories; 16.3 g fat; 55.6 g carbohydrates; 10.3 g protein; 141 mg cholesterol; 187 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Basic Cream Cheese Flan. Have been making flan like this for as long as I can remember. Depending how I feel, I will make it without the cream cheese using 1 cup heavy whipping cream in place. ...