Ingredients46 m servings 528
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add yams; stir to coat with oil. Cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side. Add carrot; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in leek and garlic; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add cumin and coriander; stir until evenly distributed.
- Pour lemon juice, vegetable broth, and coconut milk into the pot; stir to combine. Bring soup to a gentle boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until carrots are tender, about 15 minutes. Season with salt.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls and garnish with fresh spinach.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute any high-heat oil for the coconut oil if preferred. Add more oil if mixture looks dry in step 1.
- Substitute chopped kale for the spinach if preferred.
- Use sea salt instead of kosher salt if desired.
Per Serving: 528 calories; 25.7 71.8 7.3 0 619 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
I loved this recipe! I used chicken broth instead of veggie broth. I also added a twist and added chunks of chicken and fermented garlic as well as bell pepper and mushrooms to it and it turned ...
Great soup! I used chicken broth rather than vegetable broth in the recipe to give it more flavor, and added some cubed and cooked chicken breast as well. Curry is also always a must when I make...
Was really great and the family ate on it for a few days. Needed a little extra flavor somehow, but I am not a talented enough cook to make a suggestion one way or the other. Either way, this on...
doubled the recipe, added more vegetables...broccoli, carrots, yams, fresh garlic and ginger root, and spices cooked with chopped up porkchops. we loved it!!
Delicious! And very quick and easy to make. My very picky toddlers even ate some of the cooked yams I pulled out of the soup!