German Chocolate Cheesecake Swirl Cake
5 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 45 m servings 531
Original recipe yields 16 servings (1 9x13-inch cake)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Heat water in a small saucepan until simmering. Place chocolate in a bowl set over, but not touching, the water. Stir chocolate frequently until melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and discard water.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat 2 cups sugar and shortening in a large bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in 4 egg yolks until smooth. Stir in milk and vanilla extract. Mix in flour mixture. Fold melted chocolate into the batter.
- Beat egg whites in another bowl until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes. Fold egg whites into the batter. Pour half of the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Beat cream cheese and 1 1/2 cup sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Add 4 eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour mixture over batter in the baking dish. Gently spoon remaining batter on top and spread it to the edges of the dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 75 to 80 minutes. Cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool, about 30 minutes more.
You might also like
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 531 calories; 27.9 64.5 8.1 125 277 Full nutrition