Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 40 m servings 759
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Mix cooled coffee and Marsala wine together in a bowl.
- Beat egg yolks with half of the sugar in a bowl until you have a clear cream with no lumps. Stir the mascarpone with a wooden spoon or whisk in a separate bowl until creamy; stir into the egg yolks.
- Beat the egg whites with the remaining sugar in a separate bowl using an electric mixer until they form peaks; fold gently into mascarpone mixture.
- Dip half of the savoiardi biscuits into coffee-Marsala mixture. Arrange dipped biscuits carefully in a glass dish. Cover dipped biscuits with half of the mascarpone mixture. Smooth out mascarpone until evenly distributed; top with half of the cocoa powder. Repeat layering with dipped savoiardi biscuits, mascarpone mixture, and cocoa powder; top with chocolate shavings.
- Refrigerate tiramisu until flavors blend, at least 3 hours.
- Cook's Notes:
- When you are mixing the egg whites with the mascarpone and yolk mixture, you can also add some small pieces of chocolate to the mixture to make it crunchy.
- If you use espresso cups to measure the coffee and wine, use 10 espresso cups of coffee and 5 espresso cups of wine.
- Editor's Note:
- This recipe contains raw egg. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and the infirm do not consume raw egg. Learn more about egg safety from our article, Making Your Eggs Safe.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 759 calories; 41.4 70.2 17.5 368 209 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1