Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 612 cals
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Combine water, rice, oregano, basil, sage, cayenne pepper, Creole seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, and lemon zest in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Mix olive oil and vegan margarine in a large pan over medium-low heat. Stir rice into oil mixture and add green bell pepper, carrot, celery, tomato, soy sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook and stir mixture into heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- The number of servings varies greatly, depending on if you plan to serve this as a side, or as a full meal.
- Use red bell pepper or any other vegetables in this recipe, if desired.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 612 calories; 26.9 g fat; 83.1 g carbohydrates; 8.3 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 1034 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Delicious! I'm not vegan, so I didn't have any vegan margarine on hand, so I just omitted that. The veggies I used were carrots, zucchini and green onions. Really great flavor! The rice tasted a...