Vegan Fried Rice with Tofu
Ms. Christine H
Ingredients3 h 25 m servings 413
- Thaw tofu until it comes to room temperature, about 2 hours. Squeeze between paper towels to drain thoroughly and transfer to a bowl. Add Worcestershire sauce, then enough soy sauce to cover. Let marinate, at least 1 hour.
- Drain tofu, discarding marinade.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat until smoking, about 30 seconds. Add oil; heat until shimmering, about 20 seconds. Add green onions and garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 45 seconds. Add tofu; stir-fry until scrambled and heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cook yellow onion in the wok until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add frozen vegetables; saute until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in rice, mirin, sesame oil, and enough soy sauce to cover the rice. Season with salt and pepper. Add bean sprouts; cook and stir until rice is hot, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute canola or peanut oil for the vegetable oil if preferred.
- Use leftover vegetables instead of frozen if preferred.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 413 calories; 10.8 61.6 18.1 0 3221 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I should have cut recipe in half made way too much and the tofu made the rice too moist for fried rice!
I enjoyed this quite a bit and it's really very easy. Things.... I only had 1/2 cup Worchestershire sauce, so I supplemented with 1/2 cup soy sauce, which cleaned me out of that too! I marina...