Two-Layer Victoria Sponge Cake
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"A simple Victoria 2-layer sponge. First cake I ever made. Spread buttercream on one layer, jam on the other, and sandwich them together. I also iced mine with a white marshmallow-type icing and decorated it, but that's not traditional or necessary - you can just sprinkle some sugar on top. I'm not an expert baker and tend not to measure my ingredients exactly so feel free to vary the ingredients."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 277
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch layer cake)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Beat sugar and butter together in a large bowl with an electric mixture until creamy. Sift in flour. Add baking powder and vanilla; beat until well-blended. Add eggs; beat until batter is smooth. Divide batter between two 9-inch nonstick round pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cake layers rise and turn golden, about 25 minutes. Invert onto wire racks and cool completely, about 30 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Thin cake batter with a splash of milk if you wish.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 277 calories; 12.9 37.5 3.3 77 237 Full nutrition