Grilled Shrimp, Pea Shoot, and Bok Choy Salad with Asian Reduced Fat Dressing
Karen Barris Calabro
"This is the tastiest shrimp salad without any guilt: only a trace of oil makes it perfect for serving any dieter. If you want to feel healthy, but enjoy your food, this is the salad for you. You may want to garnish with additional green onions and chopped peanuts, but I find that placing the shrimp on the top is garnish enough."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients57 m servings 276
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place grapes in a food processor or blender; process until pureed. Whisk pureed grapes, fish sauce, lime juice, garlic, chile sauce, and salt together in a bowl until dressing is well combined.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons dressing and oil into a bowl; add shrimp. Reserve remaining dressing for the salad. Refrigerate shrimp until chilled and marinated, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place eggplant in a roasting pan and spray with enough cooking spray to coat.
- Roast eggplant in the preheated oven until browned, about 15 minutes. Transfer eggplant to the reserved dressing.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate. Remove shrimp from marinade and discard marinade.
- Cook shrimp on the hot grill until visibly pink on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Flip shrimp and cook until cooked through but not dry, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove shrimp from grill and allow to rest.
- Combine bok choy, pea shoots, carrots, cucumbers, mint, cilantro, peanuts, and green onions in a large bowl; add eggplant with dressing and shrimp and toss well.
- Cook's Notes:
- The eggplant is the only really optional ingredient here. I add it for it's lovely sweet and smoky flavor that lends itself well to a delicate salad like this. It isn't necessary though and can be substituted with additional greens or roasted sweet potatoes in its place.
- This can also be an appetizer, though it is more of a luncheon salad/main entree.
- Grapeseed oil can be used in place of the canola oil, if desired.
Per Serving: 276 calories; 7.6 29.4 27.1 173 2879 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1