Ham on Ciabatta with Caramelized Mushrooms and Sweet Pea Shoots
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 607 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 sandwiches)
- Slice each of the 4 pieces of ciabatta bread horizontally in half.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat; add oil. Cook and stir onion in the hot oil over low heat until onion begins to soften and lightly brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender and browned, 5 to 10 minutes more. Add pea shoots and cook until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- Open the ciabatta pieces, creating 4 sandwiches. Evenly distribute the pea shoot mixture among the bottom pieces of each sandwich; add 1 slice Muenster cheese and 3 slices deli ham. Replace the top pieces of ciabatta to make a sandwich.
- Cook's Notes:
- For more flavor, add fresh minced garlic and or fresh chopped herbs to caramelizing process. For a killer breakfast sandwich, add one fried egg to each portion, and change the cheese to an extra sharp aged white Cheddar!
- Substitute Havarti cheese for the Muenster cheese, if desired. Use olive oil or butter in place of the canola oil, if desired.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 607 calories; 26.9 g fat; 64.8 g carbohydrates; 27.2 g protein; 51 mg cholesterol; 1402 mg sodium. Full nutrition