Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 42 m servings 159
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place lentils in a saucepan and cover with 2 cups hot water; set aside to soak, about 30 minutes.
- Bring lentils to a boil and add turmeric. Cook, skimming the surface, until lentils are soft, about 30 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, cardamom, and ginger. Cook until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool, about 10 minutes.
- Fold onion mixture into lentils along with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, cilantro, and lemon juice. Transfer to a blender and puree until creamy.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Chop the onion instead of slicing it if desired.
- If the ginger starts sticking to the skillet in step 3, add a little water and scrape it up.
- For a thinner consistency add more water or oil as you blend.
Per Serving: 159 calories; 7.5 16.7 6.6 0 4 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This is really good. I cut down on the garlic. Boiling lentils with turmeric is pure genius! Thank you for the recipe.