Baked Gulab Jamun (Indian Dumplings in Syrup)
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients37 m servings 120
Original recipe yields 18 servings (18 gulab)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine milk powder and flour in a bowl. Add butter; beat together until creamy and blended. Add just enough milk to make a firm dough. Shape dough into 18 small balls and arrange on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until gulab are lightly browned, 12 to 20 minutes.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, white sugar, and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until sugars dissolve and consistency is syrupy, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer gulab to the saucepan; let soak in the warm syrup, at least 10 minutes. Let cool before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Self-rising flour can be substituted with 1/2 cup all-purpose flour and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 120 calories; 1.5 24.1 3 5 92 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1