Ingredients3 h servings 454
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine cake mix, flour, eggs, oil, molasses and ginger in large bowl (mixture will be soft). Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface, cover with waxed paper. Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with gingerbread man cookie cutter. Place 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Decorate with non pareils.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges start to brown. Remove immediately to cooling rack.
- Place icing in storage bag. Snip just the tip of one corner off to allow for a small hole. Pipe the face and ruffles onto cookies.
- Makes 12 to 14 six-inch gingerbread men.
Per Serving: 454 calories; 17 74.3 3.2 31 361 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
Sur La Table makes these gingerbread cookies that I absolutely adore, but they are $2 per cookie! Once my son realized he likes them too, I decided it was time to learn how to make them myself. ...
Only made a few changes, instead of vegetable oil I used butter & coconut oil. Also, used Sorghum Molasses instead of dark molasses. Sorghum has a more mild flavor. We really liked this recipe s...
I got 37 3.5” cookies. If rolling on granite use parchment between the dough & countertop, lightly floured. Keep dough refrigerated between rolling small batches. Enjoy my amateur decorating .....
I did not make any changes to recipe. Yes, I would make them again. This is an easy recipe with minimal ingredients. I made them (purposely undecorated) to take to a Holiday children's part...
I made no changes to the recipe. We made smaller assorted shaped cut outs which gave us a lot more cookies. This is the easiest recipe and most delicious that I have used in 40+ years. My grand...