Ingredients1 h 8 m servings 552 cals
- Mix garam masala, tandoori masala, curry, cumin, cardamom, cayenne, salt, and black pepper together in a small bowl to make spice mixture.
- Place chicken in a large bowl and add 1/2 the spice mixture; turn to coat evenly.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook and stir until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in remainder of the spice mixture, lemon juice, garlic, and ginger; cook and stir until combined, about 1 minute.
- Stir tomato puree into onion mixture and cook, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes. Pour in half-and-half and yogurt. Reduce heat to low and simmer sauce, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Blend cashews in a blender until finely ground. Add sauce to the blender; puree until smooth.
- Pour blended sauce over chicken in the skillet. Simmer until thickened, 10 to 15 minutes. Garnish with cilantro.
- Cook's Note:
- If you have trouble finding tandoori masala, it is a blend of paprika, cumin, coriander, garlic, ginger, and cardamom.
Per Serving: 552 calories; 38 g fat; 22 g carbohydrates; 33.2 g protein; 142 mg cholesterol; 542 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This recipe turned out exceptional. I am just getting into Indian cuisine, but this is was an outstanding recipe. It turned out creamy and just like you would get from an Indian restaurant, I re...
This tastes just like what I order in my favorite Indian restaurant. For the most I followed the recipe exactly as written. I made two substitutions because of what I had on hand - nutmeg instea...
Wonderful recipe for chicken makhani. I substituted seitan for the chicken and the entire family loved it.
Great recipe! My only addition was 2 tsp sugar at the end which I thought brought this closer to versions I have enjoyed most in the past. I added red peppers and a tablespoon of cilantro during...