Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 186 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat about 1 inch of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Fry okra in the hot oil to reduce the stickiness of the okra yet maintaining the green color, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer fried okra to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a separate skillet; cook and stir onion and salt until onion is transparent, 5 to 10 minutes. Add green chile pepper, ginger paste, garlic paste, and turmeric and cook until onion is evenly coated, about 1 minute.
- Stir tomatoes into seasoned onion mixture and cook for 2 minutes. Add ground coriander, ground cumin, and cayenne powder; cook and stir until tomatoes are cooked but not completely mashed, about 4 minutes.
- Mix bell peppers and cilantro into onion-tomato mixture; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add okra and cook over very low heat for 4 minutes. Sprinkle garam masala over okra.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 186 calories; 13.3 g fat; 15.9 g carbohydrates; 3.4 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 622 mg sodium. Full nutrition