Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 301
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 cups)
- Pour enough olive oil into a skillet to coat the bottom; cook and stir onion, garlic, and rosemary over medium heat just until onion is soft, 5 to 10 minutes. Add butter and flour; cook and stir until butter is melted and flour is dissolved, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix broth, white beans, asparagus, cream, salt, and pepper into onion mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover skillet, and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Pour soup into a food processor or blender no more than half full. Cover and pulse a few times before leaving on to blend for about 3 minutes. Puree in batches until smooth. Pour soup through cheesecloth or strainer.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute half-and-half for the cream, if desired.
- Any variety of white beans can be used, such as navy, cannellini, or butter beans.
Per Serving: 301 calories; 21.4 21.1 8 66 591 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I had to change this up some only because I have a daughter with a dairy allergy and my other daughter is vegetarian. I used vegetable broth and coconut cream. I used three cans of white beans a...