Gnudi (Ricotta Gnocchi)
Ingredients45 m servings 270 cals
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add basil and cook uncovered until just wilted, about 1 minute. Immerse in ice water for several minutes to stop the cooking process. Drain. Squeeze very dry and finely chop.
- Mix ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup flour, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, egg yolks, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Add basil, white pepper, and salt; mix until gnudi mixture is well-combined.
- Dust your hands with remaining 1/4 cup flour and form gnudi mixture into small balls.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add lemon juice. Boil gnudi in batches until they float to the top of the water, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
- Cook's Notes:
- The boiling water may require skimming and you may need to add additional water.
- Basil may brown as it boils so don't be surprised if the water turns slightly brown. The gnudi do not turn brown, just the water.
Per Serving: 270 calories; 11 g fat; 25.7 g carbohydrates; 18.3 g protein; 130 mg cholesterol; 1119 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
One pound of fresh basil sounds like an awful lot, and being that we are in the dead of winter here in Georgia, my bumper basil crop won't be showing up for a few months. What I used was last ye...