Espeto de Coraco de Galinha (Grilled Chicken Heart Skewers)
"Chicken hearts (available at your local butchers) are marinated, skewered, and cooked on the barbeque. This typical Brazilian barbeque dish is found in restaurants throughout the country."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 25 m servings 184
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Whisk soy sauce, parsley, beer, poultry seasoning, achiote powder, ginger, garlic, salt, and pepper together in a bowl until marinade is well mixed; add chicken hearts. Cover bowl and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove chicken hearts from marinade and discard marinade. Assemble chicken hearts on metal skewers.
- Cook on the grill, turning halfway through, until no longer pink in the center, about 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Annatto powder, also called achiote powder, it can be found at Asian or Latin American shops and markets, or online. Annatto is mostly used for the vibrant color it imparts, so in a pinch you could either omit it from the recipe or use equal parts paprika and turmeric instead.
- Bamboo skewers soaked in water for 10 to 15 minutes can be used in place of the metal skewers.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 184 calories; 5.3 8.9 21.7 154 3692 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1