Baechu Kuk (Napa Cabbage and Soya Bean Paste Soup)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is a simple, but flavor-packed recipe for a Korean soup using napa cabbage, soya bean paste, and dried anchovies."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 81
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place dried anchovies in a large pot and add cold water; let soak for 20 minutes. Bring liquid to a boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove anchovies.
- Wash bean sprouts under cold water 3 or 4 times, discarding any bad or brown heads of bean sprouts. Wash cabbage and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Cook cabbage in a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes; rinse under cold water and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Mix bean sprouts and cabbage in the anchovy broth and add soy bean paste, stirring until soy bean paste dissolves. Add garlic, red pepper powder, and salt; cook and stir over medium-high heat for 15 minutes.
- Stir green beans and dashi into soup, lower heat to medium, and cook for 15 minutes more.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of anchovies. The actual amount consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 81 calories; 1.8 11.3 7.5 17 957 Full nutrition