Crispy Ginger Biscuits
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"Great for tea parties. Crisp without being crumbly. Uses crystallized rather than fresh or preserved ginger."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 124
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 dozen)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Beat butter, 1/2 cup white sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until creamy, 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in egg, ground ginger, and salt. Gradually add flour until cookie dough comes together, 1 to 2 minutes. Fold in chopped crystallized ginger.
- Place 2 tablespoons white sugar in a shallow dish. Shape dough into balls, and roll one side in sugar. Press onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 124 calories; 4.2 20.8 1.4 18 172 Full nutrition