Plum Lamb Casserole
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"A family favorite. I don't even like chops and I like this recipe! I ran out of plum jam for this recipe once and used apricot instead. It still tasted good. I normally leave out the celery."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 557
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat butter in a large pot over medium heat until melted. Add onion; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Season flour with salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge lamb chops in flour mixture on both sides.
- Layer lamb chops with onion, carrot, and celery in a casserole dish.
- Mix stock, plum jam, tomato sauce, and Worcestershire sauce together in a small bowl. Pour over lamb in the casserole dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lamb is tender, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute oil for the butter if preferred.
- Substitute water for the stock if preferred.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 557 calories; 34.1 25.8 35.3 142 283 Full nutrition