Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients14 m servings 233 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place edamame pods in a microwave-safe bowl; add 1/4 cup water. Cover and microwave on high until tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain.
- Place sesame seeds in a skillet over medium heat; toast until lightly golden, about 2 minutes. Add sugar, soy sauce, olive oil, and red pepper flakes. Simmer until soy sauce reduces and thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Add edamame; toss until coated, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute vegetable oil for the olive oil if desired.
- If you don't want them too spicy, just omit the red pepper flakes or add more if you really want more of a kick.
- Note that you don't eat the outer pod of this bean! Put the pod in your mouth and use your teeth to pull out the beans inside.
Per Serving: 233 calories; 9.9 g fat; 22.8 g carbohydrates; 14.2 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 465 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Amazing!!! So good, my wife and I kept forgetting to take a breath between mouthfuls haha. I opted for less sugar (2 tbsp instead of 3), another dash of red pepper flakes, and about 2 chopped ga...