Ingredients14 m servings 233
- Place edamame pods in a microwave-safe bowl; add 1/4 cup water. Cover and microwave on high until tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain.
- Place sesame seeds in a skillet over medium heat; toast until lightly golden, about 2 minutes. Add sugar, soy sauce, olive oil, and red pepper flakes. Simmer until soy sauce reduces and thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Add edamame; toss until coated, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute vegetable oil for the olive oil if desired.
- If you don't want them too spicy, just omit the red pepper flakes or add more if you really want more of a kick.
- Note that you don't eat the outer pod of this bean! Put the pod in your mouth and use your teeth to pull out the beans inside.
Per Serving: 233 calories; 9.9 22.8 14.2 0 465 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Amazing!!! So good, my wife and I kept forgetting to take a breath between mouthfuls haha. I opted for less sugar (2 tbsp instead of 3), another dash of red pepper flakes, and about 2 chopped ga...
Put it out as hors d'ourvres before a dinner party. They were gone in 5 minutes. Everyone wanted the recipe!
We had this at a local Thai restaurant and loved it. I've ordered the Japanese salt which also is a tremendous flavor. With this recipe kicked up, we can eat it at home. Don't have a wok but ...
These are addictive! Delicious with a splash of spice! I made these for my book club and everyone loved them.