Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 15 m servings 491
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9x13-inch cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Blend cake mix, 3 eggs, milk, and softened butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until moistened, about 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium and beat until batter is smooth, about 4 minutes. Pour into prepared pan.
- Beat remaining 2 eggs, ricotta cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl until smooth. Pour evenly over cake batter in the pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Chill cake in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Cook's Note:
- If cake is very jiggly in the middle after 1 hour, reduce heat to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) and continue to bake, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Editor's Note:
- The directions for preparing the cake batter are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on box if using a different brand, substituting milk for water.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 491 calories; 19.2 66.4 13.3 120 413 Full nutrition
How can I make my cakes moist?
Why do my cakes fall?
My cakes do not rise evenly – they are tall in the middle, and slope down to the sides. What am I doing wrong?
Ask Your Question