Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 656 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook cavatelli in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, 9 to 11 minutes. Drain.
- Fill the same pot with salted water and bring to a boil. Add broccoli rabe; cook until tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and onion; cook and stir until sausage is no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in broccoli rabe, roasted red peppers, and garlic. Cook until flavors combine, about 5 minutes.
- Dissolve chicken stock with white wine and water in a small bowl. Whisk in cornstarch. Pour chicken stock mixture into the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Bring sauce to a simmer until slightly thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour sauce over cooked cavatelli and top with Parmesan cheese. Toss lightly and serve.
- Cook's Note:
- Use hot or mild Italian sausage based on your preference.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 656 calories; 17.4 g fat; 94.6 g carbohydrates; 28.2 g protein; 31 mg cholesterol; 1270 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Excellent recipe!! Very delicious! I was looking for a recipe which included broccoli rabe, I have to admit I was hesitant to make a recipe with out any reviews but I am SO glad I did!! I did no...