Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 588
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9x13-inch baking dish)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook shell pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until still firm to the bite, about 9 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook and stir until mushrooms have browned and onion is translucent, about 7 minutes. Add radicchio, garlic, and sage; cook until radicchio has wilted and garlic is fragrant, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in pasta.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk in flour; cook until foaming. Pour in milk, whisking constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; whisk in Asiago cheese, heavy cream, 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper until sauce is melted and smooth.
- Pour sauce over pasta mixture; stir until thoroughly combined. Transfer to prepared baking dish. Top with remaining 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and panko.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly, about 30 minutes. Broil until topping is golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute macaroni for the shells if desired.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 588 calories; 35.7 46.7 24 105 814 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1