Roasted Lettuce, Radicchio, and Endive
"A Sicilian grandmother taught me to make roasted lettuces this way. I like it for a change from serving cold salad. It is healthy and delicious! Most people like it served with crunchy bread. This also works very well with omelets in the morning or for brunch. Leftovers can be easily re-heated in the microwave."
Featured in Allrecipes Magazine — Subscribe!
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 192
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place radicchio, Belgian endive, chicory, and romaine lettuce halves in a single layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the olive oil on top.
- Combine olives and capers in a small bowl. Mix oregano, thyme, salt, black pepper, and chile pepper in a small bowl to make spice mixture.
- Stuff inner leaves with olives, capers, and spice mixture using your fingers. Wrap halves together with kitchen string to prevent stuffing from falling out. Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crispy and beginning to wilt, 10 to 15 minutes. Cut off kitchen string and sprinkle Romano cheese on top before serving.
- Cook's Note:
- Look for the long, thin type of radicchio. The round type is also OK. Substitute escarole for the chicory endive if desired.
Per Serving: 192 calories; 12.9 16.7 6.3 3 1109 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2