Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 145 cals
Original recipe yields 36 servings (36 bars)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine quinoa flakes, almond flour, flax seeds, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix honey, applesauce, chocolate chips, eggs, and vanilla extract in another bowl. Add to quinoa flake mixture and mix well with your hands to combine. Press evenly on prepared baking sheet with your hands or a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly golden, about 15 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes before cutting into 36 bars.
- Cook's Notes:
- For a crunchier texture, bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Variations: 1. Substitute raisins for the chocolate chips and add one tablespoon of cinnamon. 2. Substitute peanuts for the chocolate chips (or do half and half of each) and add 1/4 cup peanut butter to the ingredients in step 2. (You may have to warm the peanut butter for a few seconds in the microwave so it will be soft enough to incorporate with the other ingredients.) 3. Substitute dried fruit for the chocolate chips and add one teaspoon of grated lemon or orange rind. (Just make sure the fruit is cut small enough that it doesn't prevent from the bars from sticking together.)
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 145 calories; 5.8 g fat; 20.8 g carbohydrates; 3.4 g protein; 10 mg cholesterol; 97 mg sodium. Full nutrition