Kalbi (Korean BBQ Short Ribs): Authentic Recipe
made it | 0 reviews |
"After trying many recipes for homemade-style Korean BBQ, I finally found a great recipe from a friend who learned it from his mom. It's sweet, salty, spicy, and very tender (Thanks to the Coke®). I use this same recipe to make Bulgogi and Dae Ji Bool Gogi (Spicy Pork) and simply change the onions to sliced bulbs for the bulgogi."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 21 m servings 647 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine cola beverage, white sugar, soy sauce, water, green onions, sesame oil, garlic, sesame seeds, and black pepper in a bowl until marinade is well-mixed.
- Place short ribs in a resealable plastic bag and pour in marinade. Squeeze out excess air and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Remove short ribs from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Cook short ribs until browned and cooked to desired doneness, 3 to 4 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Cook's Note:
- Add red chili paste, or sambal, to make it a bit spicy.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 647 calories; 52.4 g fat; 20.7 g carbohydrates; 22.9 g protein; 93 mg cholesterol; 956 mg sodium. Full nutrition