Ingredients1 h servings 323 cals
- Preheat your grill to medium heat. Using a paper towel soaked with olive oil, coat the inside of a cast iron skillet. Heat it on the grill.
- Add prepped Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes and red onion to a large mixing bowl. Pour 2 tbsp olive oil, garlic, mustard, smoked paprika, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper over the vegetables. Toss in the bowl to coat evenly.
- Create a foil tray out of aluminum foil, about 12” x 5”. Spread vegetables in a single layer on tray. Cover the tray with another sheet of aluminum foil to form a pouch. Roast on the grill for 20-30 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Turn bag every 10 minutes.
- Once the skillet has reached temperature, place the al fresco Sweet & Smokey BBQ Chicken sausages into the skillet. Cook while constantly turning for 7 minutes, until the outside has begun to brown.
- Add in the roasted Brussels sprouts, roasted sweet potatoes, and red onions. Sprinkle the rosemary into the skillet and toss to distribute evenly.
- Cook in the skillet for another 5 minutes, until the veggies begin to brown. Remove from the grill and enjoy!
Per Serving: 323 calories; 9.8 g fat; 46.3 g carbohydrates; 15.5 g protein; 43 mg cholesterol; 585 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Doubled the spices, added garlic powder. Quarterd sausages. Tossed and put all on cookie sheet. Baked at 350 for 50 minutes. Yummy!
I made this recipe slightly different , I omitted the Rosemary as we are not big fans of this herb, and used grilled chicken with hoisin sauce (soy vay) on it instead of the sausages as we are t...
The contrast of the different vegetables and spices was quite nice. I added a bit more cayenne since I like things spicy. I'll definitely make this one again.
I only made the veggie part as a side with my grilled split Cornish game hens. Prepared as directed and cooked in the cast iron pan on the charcoal grill with the hens. Stir the veggies every fi...
Loved this! I did not add the chicken nor the rosemary just cause I didn’t have any and it had just the right amount of flavor.