Leslie's Random Acts of Kindness Casserole
"I make this easy-peasy, one-pan pasta dish for new parents or stressed-out friends and it always seems to make the evenings go a little more smoothly. The smoked salmon and green pea combo plays up the salty-sweet flavors loads of people crave, and the lemon zest/breadcrumb topping brightens up what could be an over-the-top rich dish."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients59 m servings 611
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9x13-inch casserole dish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place peas in a large colander in the sink.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook fusilli in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until chewy and still firm to the bite, about 9 minutes. Drain fusilli over peas.
- Return fusilli and peas to the pot. Add heavy cream and smoked salmon; mix well to combine. Season with salt and black pepper. Pour into a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Combine bread crumbs, olive oil, parsley, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a small bowl; mix lightly with a fork. Scatter topping over casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If you are refrigerating the casserole before cooking it, double the baking time.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 611 calories; 34.2 61.5 17.5 86 375 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2