Ingredients27 m servings 179
- Whisk flour, brown sugar, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, baking soda, and 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt together in a large bowl.
- Combine milk, crushed pineapple, and egg in a small bowl. Stir into the flour mixture. Add melted butter; mix until a soft dough forms. Fold in carrots and coconut.
- Heat at least 2 inches of oil in a large pot to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a wire rack or baking sheet with paper towels.
- Scoop a few tablespoons of dough into the hot oil using a small ice cream scoop. Fry donut holes until golden brown, about 1 minute per side. Transfer donut holes to the paper towels using a slotted spoon; let drain and cool slightly. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Whisk white sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Roll donut holes in sugar mixture.
- Beat cream cheese and 1 tablespoon butter together in a bowl until smooth. Beat in confectioners' sugar until dip is well-blended and fluffy. Stir in vanilla extract and 1 pinch salt. Serve donut holes with cream cheese dip.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 179 calories; 8.9 23.3 2.2 20 208 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
The donuts tasted so good!!! I made them for a super bowl party, hence the green sprinkles. GO, Eagles, GO. I didn't add any pineapple, because I didn't have any, but they still tasted amazing, ...
I added a couple cups of flour, once I was able to roll it out I cut with a regular doughnut cutter and fried them up. Dropped them into cinnamon and sugar, I thinned the cream cheese dip with ...
We L-O-V-E carrot cake at our house so thought this would be a nice change up. A little too sweet for me but my husband couldn't get enough. Definitely will make them again when we have family...
yes yes and yes. I made these for my anniversary dessert. it made so many I gave some to family and now I am making them for all events. my family isn't shy to indulge a little and I think the d...