Bulgogi (Korean Barbeque Beef)
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"Mmmmmh, I enjoyed my mum's cooking for many, many years. Having moved away from home, I needed to learn how to cook Korean dishes asap. I experimented a little bit, knowing what the basic ingredients for Bulgogi were and voila! This is a delicious, melt-in-your-mouth beef dish, perfect with steamed rice!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients11 h 30 m servings 512
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Wrap beef in plastic wrap and freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- Cut frozen beef at an angle into very thin slices.
- Combine soy sauce, cooking wine, white sugar, ginger, garlic, and brown sugar in a large bowl. Mix in beef slices. Stir in kiwi pulp, onion, and spring onions. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; let beef marinate in the refrigerator, about 2 hours.
- Stir sesame oil into marinade. Continue marinating beef in the refrigerator, 8 hours to overnight.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in beef and marinade; cook and stir until beef is cooked through and browned, about 5 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute mirin (rice wine) for the Korean cooking wine if preferred.
Per Serving: 512 calories; 28.3 20.8 40.7 121 1541 Full nutrition