Uszka z Miesem (Chicken Dumpling Parcels)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"These chicken dumpling parcels are tasty and fun and great served with borscht or some other vegetable dish."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 488
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add chicken breasts; cook until no longer pink and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 20 minutes. Drain and cool until easily handled, about 5 minutes. Chop finely.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion. Cook and stir until translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in chicken. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Combine flour, hot milk, and egg yolk in a large bowl, stirring quickly with a fork until a soft and smooth dough forms.
- Roll dough out on a lightly-floured surface. Cut into 1 1/2-inch squares. Place a teaspoon of chicken mixture in the center of each square. Fold the dough over the filling to form a triangle and pinch edges to seal. Bring the bottom corners together and pinch together.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook dumplings in batches until they float to the surface of the water, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate with a slotted spoon. Pour melted butter over cooked dumplings so they do not stick together.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute boneless thighs for the chicken breasts if preferred.
- Add more milk in step 3 if dough appears too stiff.
Per Serving: 488 calories; 6 78.5 26.9 66 70 Full nutrition