Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 28 m servings 67 cals
Original recipe yields 20 servings (5 half-pint jars)
- Peel and cut the zucchini into thirds. Remove seeds and cut into strips.
- Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Divide onion, carrot, garlic, and dill among hot, sterilized jars. Pack zucchini slices vertically into jars. Divide peppercorns, allspice berries, mustard seed, and bay leaves among jars.
- Bring water, vinegar, salt, and sugar to a boil in a saucepan, stirring until sugar and salt is dissolved, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and ladle evenly into jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top.
- Run a clean knife or thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for 7 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool, dark area.
Per Serving: 67 calories; 0.3 g fat; 16.4 g carbohydrates; 0.9 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 707 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1