Grzybki Marynowane (Pickled Wild Mushrooms)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This recipe is for pickling the porcini mushroom also known as the penny bun, cep, or cepe. This is a delicious way to preserve wild mushrooms and serve them any time you wish! Other flavorful edible wild mushrooms would work well for this recipe."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 7 m servings 38
Original recipe yields 16 servings (4 pounds mushrooms)
- Trim and wash mushrooms. Place in a large saucepan, cover with water, and bring to the boil. Remove saucepan from heat and drain. Return mushrooms to saucepan, add fresh water to cover, and bring to a boil again. Remove from heat and drain. Cut larger mushrooms into bite-sized pieces.
- Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pack mushrooms into hot, sterilized jars.
- Bring water, vinegar, onion, sugar, salt, peppercorns, allspice, and bay leaf to a boil in a large pot for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool, about 20 minutes. Pour liquid evenly over mushrooms, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top.
- Run a clean knife or thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for 7 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool, dark area.
You might also like
Per Serving: 38 calories; 0.1 6.4 3 0 154 Full nutrition