Faworki (Polish Chrusciki)
made it | 0 reviews |
"Traditional Polish crispy pastry twists made for Carnival time. They are deep-fried and sprinkled with confectioners' sugar. Light and delicious!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients22 m servings 126 cals
Original recipe yields 20 servings (20 twists)
- Combine flour, egg yolks, sour cream, sugar, butter, rum, and salt in a large bowl; mix to form a dough.
- Knead dough lightly and roll out on a floured surface. Cut into strips 4 inches long and 3/4 inches wide. Cut a slit in the middle of each strip. Twist and pull one end through the slit.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan. Test the temperature by dropping in a pastry twist; the oil is ready when it browns and float to the surface.
- Fry pastry twists in batches until golden brown, about 1 minute per side. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute vinegar for the rum, if desired. This helps the dough to puff up a little when it's fried.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 126 calories; 5.3 g fat; 16.6 g carbohydrates; 2.5 g protein; 65 mg cholesterol; 20 mg sodium. Full nutrition