Beef Rendang Curry
made it | 0 reviews |
"A subtly-spiced Indonesian beef rendang curry that you can make from scratch without the need for ready-made curry paste or packaged sauces. Serve with lime wedges, white rice, and green vegetables."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 45 m servings 895 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine shallots, chile peppers, peanut butter, turmeric, garlic, and ginger in a food processor or blender; blend into a thick paste.
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook beef in batches until browned, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a bowl.
- Fry curry paste in the same skillet until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Return beef to the skillet. Add water, coconut cream, beef bouillon cube, and lime zest, stirring well to combine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer gently, partially covered, until sauce coats the beef and beef is tender, about 3 hours.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute olive oil for the coconut oil if preferred.
Per Serving: 895 calories; 67.5 g fat; 15.7 g carbohydrates; 58 g protein; 173 mg cholesterol; 430 mg sodium. Full nutrition