Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 296
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine sugar, water, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar and salt are dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Stir in rice vinegar to make dressing.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook udon noodles in boiling water, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender yet firm to the bite, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain. Rinse with cold water and drain.
- Transfer udon to a large bowl. Add cucumbers, shallot, red bell pepper, and Thai chile pepper. Pour dressing into the bowl; toss until salad is evenly coated. Let stand to marinate, at least 20 minutes, before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute a milder pepper for the Thai chile pepper, omit it, or serve as a garnish for those who prefer the heat.
- Use any color of bell pepper you like.
Per Serving: 296 calories; 1 66.6 5.7 0 858 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
4.15.16 I had no udon noodles, so I used Barilla® Thick Spaghetti. The dressing was just a little sweet for us (personal taste preference), and I did add a little bit of sesame oil to the dre...