Ingredients2 h 20 m servings 271
- Combine water and yeast in a small bowl. Let stand until yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, about 5 minutes.
- Combine flour and salt together in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment. Pour in yeast mixture. Knead dough until smooth, about 7 minutes.
- Grease a large bowl lightly with olive oil. Form dough into a tight ball and lightly grease the top. Place in the bowl; cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.
- Mix crushed tomatoes and pizza sauce together in a bowl to make sauce.
- Grease a heavy-gauge rimmed 12x17-inch baking sheet generously with olive oil. Press dough into the bottom. Prick dough all over with a fork. Arrange mozzarella cheese slices over dough; cover with 1 cup sauce. Sprinkle Pecorino Romano cheese on top. Drizzle remaining olive oil over pizza.
- Let pizza rise in a warm area until puffy, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Bake pizza on the center rack of the preheated oven until edges are very dark brown but top is not burnt, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before slicing into squares.
- Cook's Notes:
- Prepare dough in a food processor if preferred.
- Look for crushed tomatoes with no basil, puree, or citric acid added.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 271 calories; 10.6 33.4 10.7 19 663 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
OMG! This pizza is amazing I request this for a dinner party. You are going to die for it.
Fantastic! I used a bit more mozzarella than called for, but that was my only change. We loved everything about this and the sauce was awesome too! I will def be making this again~YUM, YUM, YUM!...