Cinnamon Sugar Snap Peas
"I was trying to get a little creative in the kitchen the other night and stumbled across this combination that ended up tasting really great! Although my 2 year-old is still on the fence (as she is with most green veggies), my husband and I loved them. A very easy and inexpensive way to dress up your sugar snaps! Serve immediately or at room temperature."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 m servings 81
Original recipe yields 2 servings (8 ounces)
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Toss sugar snap peas with olive oil in a bowl and in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle more olive oil on top; season with salt and pepper. Combine cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl; sprinkle onto sugar snap peas.
- Cook in the preheated oven until sugar snap peas are lightly browned and sugar has caramelized, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- A stoneware bar pan works great for this recipe.
- I use an oil sprayer (such as Misto®) for the olive oil, as I find I use less and get a more uniform coating.
- I used an 8-ounce package of fresh sugar snaps, but it would be very easy to double or triple the recipe, if desired.
Per Serving: 81 calories; 2.4 11.1 2.8 0 160 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I already had some cinnamon mixed with sugar that I always used on my cinnamon toast. It worked very nicely. Wonderful idea, putting it on sugar snap peas, though I think next time I will use ...