Coconut Lime Chicken Pieces
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 437
- Slice chicken breasts in half horizontally, then cut into thin strips. Place chicken strips in a bowl; stir in lime juice to marinate at least 1 hour and up to 2 hours.
- Place 1/4 cup honey into a bowl; whisk coconut and flour together in another bowl. Dip chicken strips into honey to coat; roll chicken through flour mixture to coat. Discard excess honey and coconut mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; fry chicken pieces until browned, crisp, no longer pink at the center, and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should reads at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Sprinkle with lime zest.
- Cook's Note:
- You can substitute coconut oil for olive oil.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of breading ingredients. The actual amount of breading consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 437 calories; 20.7 37.3 27.9 67 69 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
We've made this twice now. To keep it GF, we use Cassava flour instead of wheat flour. We also use boneless skinless thighs instead. Always use coconut oil or other appropriate high heat oil. O...
This was truly delicious. Made as written but flattened the breasts to each be the same size for even cooking. This tasted like summer. Will make this again. Possibly next time I might cut my ...