Fireball® Horchata Pops
14 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 h 20 m servings 207
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 3-ounce pops)
- Grind rice finely using a coffee or spice grinder. Transfer to a large bowl; add cinnamon sticks. Pour in warm water. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit, 8 hours to overnight.
- Strain rice mixture through a sieve set over a bowl. Press against the rice with a wooden spoon to squeeze out as much liquid as possible; discard rice. Stir rice milk and sugar into strained liquid to make horchata.
- Measure 2 1/2 cups horchata into another bowl. Add cinnamon whiskey, cayenne pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Pour into ice pop molds.
- Freeze until solid, at least 12 hours.
- Run molds under warm water to release ice pops. Sprinkle with an additional dash of cinnamon before serving.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you normally use your coffee grinder for coffee, easily clean it by grinding ¼ cup of rice. Discard rice and dust out interior, then grind your rice for horchata.
- Taste horchata after mixing in step 2; it should taste pretty sweet. Sweetness is dulled by freezing, so you don't want to cut down on the sugar too much.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of rice. The actual amount of rice consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 207 calories; 0.6 38.9 1.9 0 25 Full nutrition