Fragrant Red Lentil and Rainbow Chard Soup
Carolyn LaLumiere Miller
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 240 cals
- Soak lentils in a bowl with water to cover for 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil and bouillon in a stockpot over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir garlic, coriander, cumin, turmeric, and curry powder into onion mixture. Cook and stir until onion is tender and browned, adding a few spoonfuls of vegetable broth if needed to prevent burning, about 10 minutes more.
- Drain lentils and stir into onion mixture with remaining broth; bring soup to a boil. Cover stockpot, reduce heat, and simmer until lentils are soft, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Trim chard leaves, stack together, and cut into 3/4-inch strips. Stir chard into soup and cook until softened, about 10 minutes more.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute vegetable broth with chicken broth, if desired.
Per Serving: 240 calories; 3 g fat; 39.2 g carbohydrates; 14.6 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 556 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This was super yummy. I followed the recipe very closely. I couldn't find coriander at the store and misread the recipe and only bought one container of veggie broth so added filled up the conta...