Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 623 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 bowls)
- Heat pinto beans in a saucepan over low heat until hot, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Bring water, quinoa, and salt to a boil in a saucepan and simmer until quinoa is tender and water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool, about 10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and black pepper; cook and stir until bell peppers are softened but still crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Toss quinoa, pinto beans, and lettuce together in a bowl. Top with pepper mixture, vegan cheese, avocado, and vegan sour cream.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute pinto beans with your choice of protein, if desired.
- Substitute lettuce with kale, if desired.
Per Serving: 623 calories; 23.5 g fat; 78.2 g carbohydrates; 24.6 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 846 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
A good combination of nutrients and flavours. I added some hot sauce and lime juice at the end and liked it even more. Thank you for the recipe.