Crazy Good Southern Baked Ham
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 15 m servings 241 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 2-pound ham)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place ham fat side-up on a rack in a roasting pan. Score ham fat in a crisscross design; season with sea salt.
- Mix brown sugar, sorghum syrup, brown mustard, brandy, dry mustard, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger together in a bowl for the basting mixture. Brush 1/3 basting mixture on top of ham and stick cloves into fat. Pour coffee into bottom of roasting pan.
- Cook ham in the preheated oven, brushing with remaining basting mixture every 30 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center reads 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 2 hours total.
- Cook's Notes:
- Vanilla extract can be substituted for the brandy, if desired.
- Roasting pan can be lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper for easier clean-up.
- Cool ham to room temperature before refrigerating, about 2 hours.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the basting mixture. The actual amount of basting mixture consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 241 calories; 7.9 g fat; 19.9 g carbohydrates; 20.7 g protein; 81 mg cholesterol; 1475 mg sodium. Full nutrition