Sweet Matzo Brei
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients16 m servings 222 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 pancakes)
- Pass each matzo sheet under cool running water briefly, then crumble into a large bowl. Stir in 1 cup milk, eggs, cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla extract to form evenly moistened batter. Add more milk if batter is too dry.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Scoop a generous spoonful of dough onto skillet and flatten with a spatula. Cook until golden brown on each side, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can make this sugar-free by using stevia and almond milk in place of white sugar and milk. You also can substitute flavored creamers for an interesting outcome!
- Use regular or whole wheat matzo, as desired.
- Use margarine instead of butter, if desired.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 222 calories; 13.4 g fat; 21.1 g carbohydrates; 4.6 g protein; 79 mg cholesterol; 112 mg sodium. Full nutrition