Dark Chocolate Passover Brownies
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 297 cals
Original recipe yields 18 servings (1 9x13-inch baking pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Beat sugar and butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla extract, and salt; mix until thoroughly combined. Mix in matzo meal, cocoa powder, and cinnamon with a wooden spoon. Switch to mixer and beat until batter is thoroughly combined and smooth, scraping sides of the bowl, 1 to 2 minutes. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the center of the prepared pan; spread out evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan, about 10 minutes. Slice into 18 squares and transfer to a serving plate. Place plate on a wire rack until brownies are thoroughly cooled, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can beat the sugar and butter thoroughly by hand instead of using an electric mixer in step 2.
- The cinnamon in this recipe is an optional ingredient to help amp up the flavor. You can also add 1 cup of chopped nuts along with the chocolate chips if you like.
- Don't worry if the batter doesn't reach the edges of the pan in step 3.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 297 calories; 15 g fat; 41.5 g carbohydrates; 4.4 g protein; 68 mg cholesterol; 84 mg sodium. Full nutrition